Saturday, December 7, 2013

"Vanilla Twilight" by Owl City




The stars lean down to kiss you
And I lie awake and miss you
Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere
Cause I'll doze off safe and soundly
But I'll miss your arms around me
I'd send a postcard to you, dear
Cause I wish you were here
I'll watch the night turn light blue
But it's not the same without you
Because it takes two to whisper quietly
The silence isn't so bad
Till I look at my hands and feel sad
Cause the spaces between my fingers
Are right where yours fit perfectly
I'll find repose in new ways
Though I haven't slept in two days
Cause cold nostalgia chills me to the bone
But drenched in vanilla twilight
I'll sit on the front porch all night
Waist deep in thought because when
I think of you I don't feel so alone
I don't feel so alone
I don't feel so alone
As many times as I blink
I'll think of you tonight
(Tonight, tonight, tonight...)
I'll think of you tonight
When violet eyes get brighter
And heavy wings grow lighter
I'll taste the sky and feel alive again
And I'll forget the world that I knew
But I swear I won't forget you
Oh if my voice could reach back through the past
I'd whisper in your ear
"Oh darling I wish you were here”




Description of the song

The title of the song was Vanilla Twilight, it was written by American singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Adam Young in 2010. Actually, the singer was Adam Young but he was known as Owl City because he played the music alone. Well, this song told us about a man who was separated from his love because of an accident which killed her. Every night, he looked at the sky quietly. He saw that the sky was beautiful but it wasn’t the same if he were with her. Usually he loved silence but now if he was alone, he felt like whispering alone.

 Moreover he felt empty because he lost his girlfriend. When the girl passed away, he couldn’t sleep because if he wanted to sleep there was an empty feeling and he always thought about her, so he wouldn’t feel lonely. He promised that he would be alive without the girl until his sadness disappeared, but he would never forget about her. In his heart, he wanted her to accompany him.


Opinion

For me, this song is sad and maybe if you listen to it you will be touched. The slow rhythm will make you feel the song. Although the writer uses complicated language, you will understand what the writer says. The melody isn’t boring so you will enjoy it. You must try to listen to this song; I promise that you will not regret it. Finally, I can say that this slow song is the coolest song ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment